Public Masturbation FAQ
What is Public Masturbation?
Public Masturbation is a violation of the Charlotte City Code.
It is a Class 3 misdemeanor and a conviction will result in a criminal record for the entire world to see.
What constitutes the crime of Public Masturbation?
This law prohibits:
- Willfully (or, in layman's terms, intentionally)
- In a public place
- in presence of another
What are the consequences of Public Masturbation charge?
Authorities often prosecute "Public Masturbation" cases, which is a Class 3 Misdemeanor. If you are convicted of this offense, you will have a criminal record (which will include embarrassing details and identifying information including jail photos) for employers, co-workers, customers & clients and all other members of your community to see.
What should I do if I am charged with Public Masturbation?
People charged with this offense should seek an experienced lawyer who will pursue a dismissal of these cases by exploring every avenue of defense, such as:
- Was the conduct witnessed by a competent witness?
- Did the conduct occur in private?
- How far along into the masturbation was the defendant? Partially or fully erect? Stroking? Ejaculation?
- Does the defendant have a clean record?
- Does the defendant have good standing in the community?
- Can terms be negotiated for a dismissal?
- Was the defendant enticed or entrapped into violating this law?